Today’s learning objectives:
- To understand how fossils are formed
- The understand how sedimentary rocks are formed and may contain fossils
- Understand how rocks turn from one type to another in the Rock Cycle.
Make sure that you are caught up on the last lesson’s tasks. You should:
- have written a description of how sedimentary rocks (like sandstone) are formed (from sand).
- have written a short description of how fossils are formed in sedimentary rock. If you need to you can watch this video again.
2.1 – Draw a diagram of the rock cycle, explaining how rock types turn into one another.